Friday, November 2, 2012

What's a NaNoWriMo?? Is it Like a Furby?

Ha. No. It's not a Furby. :)

I'm participating in the NaNoWriMo Challenge, to write a 50K word novel in the month of November in honor of National Novel Writing Month. I'm getting a late start, but at least I've started. I have a MASSIVE amount of writing to accomplish this weekend, so I'm kind of glad the hubby is staying out of my hair today and tonight. I'm about to order some food that's incredibly bad for me, finish up the few social media things I have to get done, then hunker down for a long long day of writing!

I know of two other author/bloggers participating in this challenge, but if you're participating too, let me know, and we'll keep each other motivated. I heard week 2 is a nightmare from Hell, so we're gonna need all the support we can get!

My novel that I'm creating is called Dreamwalker. It's going to be so much fun, because the main character has dreams that come true. Which, under normal circumstances, would be super awesome, especially if you dream of winning the lottery or saving the day or flying...but my main character, Evelyn, dreams of pain and death. With the help of her mentor, Nadia, she soon learns that there is often a lesson to be learned, and sometimes there are things she can do to help. While still learning the ropes, however, her dreams foretell of the agonizing death of her new friend and mentor. Soon, it becomes a race against the clock to save the one person in the world that can save Evelyn's life, too.

I'm so unbelievably excited, I can barely stand it! I'll keep everyone posted on my progress, and don't forget to stay connected if you're also doing the challenge! 

No comments:

Post a Comment