Tuesday, July 2, 2013

30/30/30 Challenge Day 1 - COMPLETED!

So, I'm taking on a billion challenges on a daily basis this month, and they're keeping me
WAY
busier than I'd imagined. But it's SO worth it...


Anyway, for the 30/30/30 Challenge, if you've been reading you already know that I'm taking on the challenge of doing 30 acts of kindness in the 30 days before I turn 30. The goal is one act each day, but some days may have to be doubled up because let's face it, life has other plans and doesn't care about yours. 

For today's act of kindness, it was kind of 2 for 1. I emailed a letter to a soldier deployed overseas with Operation Gratitude, then I had the bright idea to sign up with Soldiers' Angels, and adopt a soldier overseas to send a minimum of 1 letter or card per week and 1 care package per month. I didn't read the fine print, so I have no clue how long this lasts for...I guess until I tell them I quit? But either way, I now have a soldier that I have adopted and I'll be writing them frequently. LOVE this idea, and while I feel good about it now, my only regret is that I didn't jump on board sooner. 

While I don't wanna guilt trip anyone into signing up, because I completely understand that this just isn't for everybody, I do wanna say that one letter a week and one care package a month to a soldier who isn't really getting much of anything to remind them of why they're fighting in the first place means a lot to these men and women. I know, it sounded like a guilt trip, but it's really just the way things are. I'm not making it sound sad, it just...is. So if you have a few minutes a week and a few bucks a month that you can spare, and your heart tells you it's the right thing for YOU (don't do it cause I'm asking, do it because you want to!), then head on over to their website, make a small contribution (I gave $5, I'm poor, and I'm not afraid to admit it), and adopt a soldier who needs some love and encouragement.

So that's it for today's challenges. I reckon I can say I did everything I'd set out to do today, and maybe a little more. Time to get ready for tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment