Monday, July 22, 2013

How You Can Make a Real Difference in the Life of an Author

There is a lot of very real, high quality talent in the world of writing, but a lot of times, it's hidden. And no matter how hard the author works to get their name out there, sometimes they just need a little help.

That's where I am right now. I started a project on Kickstarter to help raise money for professional help. Not the kind that comes to your house with the strappy jackets that make you hug yourself, either, but professional help that involves editing, marketing/PR, cover design (which I've already picked out and have on reserve, just trying to get the money together to actually pay the nice folks off at EmCat Designs!), buying promotional copies of my books and selling and distributing them to the media and other people who want to buy them on the spot...there is just a crap ton of work that goes into this, and my goal is to develop these books enough to where I can sell 500 copies by the end of the year. 

So, here I am, begging for help. I'm not too good to ask for help when I need it. Everyone needs help sometimes. If you can donate ANYTHING to the cause, please head over and pledge to help me. I have rewards set up of things I'll be giving away for your pledges. Granted, they're nothing fancy, but I'm not just begging for your money, I'm asking you to invest in me. Invest in me, and I will work HARD to make this work. The Daughters of Night series has been my baby-my life's work, and I'm right there at the end, and I know I need help to finish. Even if you can't donate (hey, I will be the LAST one to judge you for being broke, I'm here begging right now!), please please please share the word. Here's the link: http://kck.st/18wJKgY

The further it spreads, the more likely word of my project and goal will fall upon the ears of someone with more money than they need and can offer to help. So if you can donate, I would really appreciate anything you can spare. Even $5 is better than nothing. If you can't, no worries, just please tell other people. I'm not going to spam anyone, I'm not going to retaliate to anyone who doesn't support me, I'll love ya forever if you just help me spread the word and get my cause to people who do have the ability to help.

 The only catch to my Kickstarter fundraiser is that it's all or nothing. If I don't meet my goal, I get nothing. If I do meet my goal, then I DO get the money to put toward my book and the series. Even if you don't like Young Adult or Paranormal books, once the series gets a new look and more love, I'm willing to bet you can find something to enjoy about it. If you're here, you're either an author and can relate to me, a friend/family member who knows what I've been through and how hard I've worked on this, or someone already interested in what I have to say. (Dare I call you a fan? Nah, that makes me feel too...weird. A follower of the blog. That sounds a lot better!) 

I know this has been one big ol' begging session, and I hate that I even have to ask, but I can promise you that if you help me now, I won't let you down and I will do my best to repay the favor if you ever ask it of me. (Because if you don't ask it, I'll never remember. I have a horrible memory!!)

Okay, climbing up off my knees and I'm done begging for the moment. I do hope everyone at least checks out the project. Here's wishing you all the love and insanity you can handle!!

No comments:

Post a Comment