Thursday, July 3, 2014

Hell in a Handbasket

Oh...My...Smurf...



Suffice it to say I've got issues. Mostly the technology kind. My laptop went down for the count and I've been stuck using my cell phone for all my internet needs. Which was fine for, like, five minutes, but managing my blog(s) and marketing my books and checking my innumerable emails and managing social media and staying connected in a digital world using only a cell phone can be excruciating. In fact, it was damn near impossible. There were times I wanted to rip my hair out because there are just some things that are easier to do on a computer. Like...type. Do you have any idea how many autocorrect fails I've had? I should win a friggin trophy for most inappropriate autocorrect fails in history. Sure, they were often funny, but the sheer gibberish that my phone created at times had me at my wit's end.





Thankfully, we got a desktop. Only problem? No wireless network adapter. DAMN!! So as a temporary fix, my phone is tethered to my computer and I'm using my data from my phone to power my desktop until I can remember to go get a wireless USB adapter to make everything all better.








Yeah, I'm fairly certain technology runs away from me screaming...and when it doesn't, I wanna do this.  -->>










Anyway, I'm finally back, for good this time. (I hope!) And if you've contacted me through the contact form on this site, rest assured, I got your message and will be getting back to you shortly after the holiday weekend. I can't promise anything over a holiday weekend.

A personal update...I am working again full-time for a mail order pharmacy that helps people get their medicines free, like chemotherapy and other pretty important stuff. I'm really enjoying it, because I get to help people and it's a really rewarding job. I no longer feel like I should be ashamed of myself for not becoming a doctor or lawyer or something that would've made my parents super proud, because I really feel like I'm making a difference for people with little to no options who need their medicine to survive. Who wouldn't love their job when they actually get to make an impact on people's lives??

I haven't written much lately without a computer, but I'm hopping back on the bandwagon slowly but surely now that I have a functional computer. By the way, did anyone ever notice that as a writer, if you have a messy office that is cluttered, it blocks off your creativity, and you feel like a useless sack of potatoes? My dog decided to use my office as his hoarding space, and I had exactly zero desire to come in here. 





Okay, so that's enough about me. It seems this site is still getting pretty nice traffic, so stop in and say hi in the comments. C'mon, don't be shy!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment