Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Top 10 List Part 1

Dang, can you believe it's already December? I mean, I'm still waiting on summer to get here! Remember when older folks used to tell you, "When you get older you'll realize time goes by a lot faster?" Remember thinking, "Yeah, right. Fourth period lasts years, no way time will go by faster." Well, guess what? We were young, stupid, and despite thinking we were always right, we were SO wrong!! Holy snowflakes...


Okay, so in honor of being young, stupid, and knowing everything about nothing, as well as the exponentially increasing passing of time, I'm not gonna bother you with a top ten or top five list of Christmas-y things. Oh no. You get the top ten things I miss about the decade I miss the most. The 90's. Broken up into two posts. Which means one tonight, and another sometime later this week. When? You'll just have to check back and see!


Ashley's Top 10 Things I Miss About the 90s (Part I):



  1. Boy Bands. Omigosh, *NSync, Backstreet Boys, Boyz II Men, 98 Degrees, Hanson, O-Town, NKOTB, Crazytown, LFO, All 4 One...the list just goes on. I miss having boy bands that were trendsetters. The "boy bands" of modern music are useless imitators trying to mimic the greats and bring back an era of music in which they don't stand a chance. No offense to anyone who likes modern music, I really mean that. I'm not insulting you. I just miss the days of boy bands who introduced the world to a fad that was too short-lived and that can never be rivaled. My opinion here. :)



  2. MTV. I can barely stomach the idea that the letters MTV stand for Music Television but the networked stopped playing music videos before the decade ended. The introduction of "reality TV" (which is anything but real, by the way) like "The Real Life" and "Road Rules" suddenly changed the face of MTV from music to brain dead monkeys. I don't even know what kind of crap they air now. Since the loss of the music video, the network is cheap, generic, and pointless. Bring back music videos, damn it!



  3. Good Disney Channel and Nickelodeon shows. This is kind of a pet peeve for me. I don't have kids, but if I did, they'd not be allowed to watch Disney or Nickelodeon. That crap they put out there for kids nowadays is brain damaging. I mean, Miley Cyrus was annoying and a terrible role model for girls before she went psycho brain dead cheap two bit whore. I have a little sister and some of the crap that she watches makes me realize she's either gonna be a stripper, a hooker, or failed pop star that lives at home with our mom for the remainder of her adult years because she won't be able to function in the REAL real world. Not because she's stupid - in fact, she's pretty brilliant and makes me one very proud big sis - but because these shows are her influence. Bring back Clarissa Explains it all, Are You Afraid of the Dark, Boy Meets World, GUTS, Mickey Mouse, Goofy, Saturday morning cartoons with a cat and mouse chasing each other with frying pans, Cinderella, Snow White, Aladdin, The Little Mermaid...

     

  4. Cheap gas prices. Now, as a child, this affected me so little, but now as an adult, I'd happily saw off my left arm to get those gas prices down around $1.35 again. Consistently and long-term, of course. I'm not losing my arm for a week of low gas prices or anything.



  5. Sitcoms. Where are the sitcoms? Okay, in fairness, there are a few decent ones, but they all get cancelled WAY too soon. But we had Friends, Saved by the Bell, Full House, The Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Family Matters, Home Improvement, Roseanne, and just a whole slew of others. Gone now are the days of the true sitcom. It's a lost art that NEEDS to make a reappearance before the current and future generations become brain dead morons.


Okay, there ya have it, Part I of the top ten 90s stuff I miss. Did your faves make the list? If not, check back later this week, I'll bitch a little more about the stuff I miss. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment