Sunday, October 28, 2012

Devastating News

Whew. I've been up for the last hour and a half texting and calling family. We had a pretty upsetting night.

Earlier in the day-well, now it's yesterday, considering it's after 5 in the morning here-we were handed the news that my aunt was only given 2 more weeks. She's been battling a very tough fight with cancer, the same disease that claimed her brother's life in 1996, who was my step father. It's also the same disease my uncle, her other brother, actually won the battle with. It runs rampant through not only my step father's family, but it's claimed my own father's brothers, sisters, and mother. It's a horrid disease, and one that needs to be eliminated. It's stealing all my family!

Well, the reason I've been up so long...I was woken up by my phone, my current step father called to tell me my aunt has, regretably, passed on. This was so...soon!! We knew it was coming, but not within hours of a 2-week prognosis. It's a very devastating blow, but on the up side, she can finally stop fighting and be at peace.

Normally, at this point, I would be flying down the freeway, letting the speed ease my pain and freaking out my family. At least, that's what I normally do. I wanted to try a different outlet this time. After all, I am a writer. I didn't want to share it on Facebook or Twitter, because some family hasn't heard yet and it's not fair that they hear it on a public forum first.

I would like to ask anyone who reads this to please send prayers, happy thoughts, whatever you do send it to my Mamaw, uncle, and cousins as they mourn the loss of a strong, beautiful wife, mother, sister, daughter, aunt, and friend. Please also pray for a safe passage into the next life, the next stage of her journey.

Thank you all for listening, and have a wonderful rest of the night. Day. Whatever you call this.  <3

2 comments:

  1. So sorry for your loss. Our prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. Take care.

    J. Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, J. Paul. It's been a rough few hours, any prayers are absolutely welcomed and greatly appreciated. <3

      And my apologies if the post has several spelling and grammar errors, or at times simply makes no sense. It was written on my phone after an hour of sleep and it was very early morning.

      Delete