Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Spotlight: Inspiration

Just to stir up trouble, I thought I'd give you a reminder of how incredible Roberta Kagan is by reposting her own inspiration. This is one truly amazing woman, and everyone would do well to take a page out of her book. Or, you could take all the pages and buy a copy...



DSP: Who is your greatest inspiration to write? What person makes you believe in yourself, and how?

RobertaGod is my inspiration to write. I have an interesting story to tell you. I had never written a word. In fact I’d been a hair dresser for 25years. As the economy began to plummet, I lost most of my clients.   One night I was beside myself with worry. I didn’t know what to do. So, I got down on my knees and I prayed. I said, “God, show me a direction.”  I thought the direction would be a job working as a manager in a hair styling chain, or something along those lines. I had no idea if I would even be able to find a job doing this, so after a good cry, I went to bed. At four am I woke up. The story to “All My Love, Detrick” was in my head. I was compelled to go to the computer and begin to write.  For two weeks, I wrote like crazy. I called in sick to work and hardly stopped even to eat or shower. By the end of the two weeks I had an outline. 

Although, “All My Love, Detrick,” was not the first book I published, it is the closest to my heart.  I wrote another book before I had the guts to publish “Detrick.”  And when I did finally put “Detrick” out there, it was like giving the world a piece of my soul. 

No comments:

Post a Comment