Saturday, February 2, 2013

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome!!



Welcome, all you awesome indie authors out there who have come to visit the Drunken Space Penguin!!


The Penguin has drunk himself into a coma again, I'm afraid, so sadly he's not here to introduce himself. From personal experience, I can tell you the guy is stark raving mad, a habitual drunk, irritable, and makes one heck of a mess when he stumbles about and knocks everything over. But he's glad you're here. 

In truth, he loves to read, and he has a special fondness for authors who are out to make a name for themselves without taking the traditional route. (Not that there's anything wrong with that, but self-published authors know what real hard work is, and how much of it goes into getting you books into the hands of readers.)

Then there's me. I'm Ashley, I became the Penguin's secretary and blogger, since he has no fingers or thumbs. He lets me promote my own work on here, as well as blog about whatever I want most of the time. Not that he could stop me anyway, since he's usually passed out somewhere. I have that special kind of insanity that makes people run away screaming, but I enjoy it. In fact, I try to spread my insanity everywhere I go, and to all I meet!

I've only been working with The Penguin for about 6 months, but I've seen such great potential and talent out of the authors that we've worked with in the past. I'm truly excited to meet new authors and get the word out about their work. I've been able to build lots of excellent working relationships since joining DSP, and I've made a few friends along the way. The indie community is such a tightly knit group, we're like one big ol' interconnected family. 

So, enough about us and the benefits of networking, you're here for a reason. You wrote a book, and you need to promote it. Well, friends, you've come to the right place. Here at DSP, we love promoting indie authors like yourselves. The first step, though, is to read our Menu of Services. Just click on the tab at the top of the page that says "For Authors" and read through our menu of services that we offer. Some are free, some are offered for a fee, only because those services take time and effort-lots of time and effort-that we have to take away from other projects. Including writing. For example, the Proofreading/Editing is ridiculously time consuming, checking for spelling, grammar, sentence structure, word choice, etc. It's pretty in-depth, because I have OCD, and I don't take it lightly. 

So, take some time, browse around, read my past blogs, check out my writing page. If you're interested in what we have to offer, click the Contact Me tab, fill out the form, and let me know what you'd like to do! 

Again, Welcome!!


No comments:

Post a Comment