But Ashley, how do I know if I'm REALLY a nerd? Great question! Here's some signs that you are, in fact, a nerd:
- You were/are in your high school marching band
- You read, not because someone told you to, but because you want to
- Some of those books you read are Star Wars
- Dungeons and Dragons...nothing more needs to be said here
- Most of the people on your friends list-especially your "closest" friends-are people you've never met in real life
- You play video games...pretty much any kind
- Everyone you know has to either email you, send you a tweet, or otherwise reach you digitally or else they'll never know if you're alive
- You can recite all fifty states in alphabetical order
- People frequently give you "The Look" that says, "Did you just hear what you said? Do you realize that was juvenile and completely inappropriate?"
- You have ever had a heated debate on which character was better in either Star Trek, Star Wars, or any book (but especially the Twilight series)
- And of course, reading this blog automatically dubs you as a nerd
No, this is most definitely NOT the most comprehensive list of signs that you're a nerd. Chances are, though, you're at least part nerd, or a descendant of a nerd, so you have nerd blood. It's even gotten to the point where nerds isn't so much of an insult anymore!
Gone are the days of Booger and the rest of the classic nerds. No, today's nerds are cute, lovable, and becoming increasingly more popular.
Too my fellow nerds and nerd girls, we are gonna take over the planet one day. Nerd Domination!!