Sunday, April 21, 2013

R is for Ravishing Nightmare of my Inconsequential Inexistence

I was trying to distract you with big words so you wouldn't notice that I'm still playing catch-up... :)



So, I was thinking. (And this is really dangerous ground for me, because usually I am required to notify my local fire department and mental institution when I start thinking, but I didn't.) It was brought to my attention by my pal Michala from Bite my Book that there is a challenge for May for all bloggers to write a short story a day. At first I was like, no way, nuh uh, not happening, forget it, I'm already so damn busy I can't keep up with the daily blogging challenge so this just won't work. Then I wrote a flash fiction piece. Then I got an idea for another story. And now I'm getting all kinds of new story ideas in my head and nothing to do with them. 

The idea of the short story a day challenge is sounding more appealing.

Today, two words popped into my head. Beautiful Nightmare. Sure, that alone sounds cool, but I wanted to jazz it up. And what do you do when you want to find cooler words that the ones you're using? Thesaurus. Yup. So I found Ravishing Nightmare. That sounded kinda naughty and cool. But then the idea of inexistence popped in my head. It turned into The Ravishing Nightmare of My Inexistence. Then, as I was preparing to write this post, I decided hey, I like the word inconsequential, too, let's throw that in. 

And thus was born the title The Ravishing Nightmare of My Inconsequential Inexistence.

This shall be my next short story. Why? Because I can. Wanna name a short story? Give me an awesome title in the comments, and I'll make it into a short story for you. :)

1 comment:

  1. Valuable information. Fortunate me I found your site unintentionally, and I'm surprised why this accident did not came about in advance! I bookmarked it.

    My page :: diet plans that work

    ReplyDelete