Friday, October 25, 2013

To NaNo, or Not To NaNo...That is the Question!

Damn, another year has just FLOWN by, and the NaNoWriMo Challenge for 2013 is upon us. And I've toyed with the idea of not participating this year. Why? Well, to put it simply, I'm too flippin busy to take on another project. Between real life (which is increasingly more demanding every day), injuries (which happen a LOT with my clumsy ass), writing a YA book for Blue Ribbon Books (if they'll still take it), writing an Inspirational Romance for BRB, writing DON: Tribulation, editing DON: Sanctuary, picking up on my Tuesday's Teasers for Fractured (in theory), and the dozens of other WIPs I have stored on my hard drive, not to mention job searching (still) and house hunting (I hate this house!), I sometimes forget how to breathe. And it gave me a crazystupid case of writers' block for the last few weeks. Sometimes, I could barely write my name, let alone a status update or (god forbid) make any progress on any of my projects.

So Ashley, why the @%!* are you taking on ANOTHER project, knowing how thinly you're spread?

Great question. And the answer is...I'm setting a couple of things aside. I'll still be working on my BRB manuscripts-well, at least the YA one-and editing Sanctuary, but Tribulation and Fractured, as well as my other WIPs, will be on hold until after November. I'm sorry to have to do it, but in order to get everything in order, I'm having to prioritize. And this challenge can allow me to churn out a book in 30 days. Well, in theory, anyway.

I am, however, going to try and recruit more authors for interviews, guest posts, and features for your viewing pleasure. Hopefully we'll have interesting content to fill up the blog soon, so many thanks to those who've loyally been keeping up with all things DSP!! We got stuff brewing, so your efforts will not go unrewarded!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment