Saturday, January 19, 2013

Checking In-Still Alive!

I did it again...I went missing for a couple of days. My bad, yo. It's been a busy week. Wednesday was my 4th wedding anniversary, and I had to plot a scavenger hunt all around the city and into the next county for my hubby to find me. It was really a lot of fun, because he ended up picking me up where we first met...in the driveway of my childhood home, where he picked me up for work over 10 years ago. The massive layer of ice that fell the night I put all the clues out put a bit of a damper on the plan (I suppose I should have checked the weather, then maybe I would have known there would be ice falling from the sky for several hours later that night...) but it all worked out in the end. Except the part where I stood outside in 30 degree weather for, like, 20 minutes, just because he's slow. Let me tell you, it was cold as can be out there!! I thought I was gonna pee icicles!!!

So, now that that's over, I was expecting to hop right back into a normal pattern. Wrong again!! Woke up yesterday and again today with what felt like a tapdancing elephant on my chest and more mucus in my face than humanly possible. Oh, how miserable I've been!!! I feel fine now, and I felt fine last night, but come morning...I have no idea how much worse it could get, but I really don't wanna find out. I did manage to get some writing done, and at SOME point this weekend, I need to read 2 books. YIKES! Lol, I got this.

Oh, and new development, we're getting a puppy!! As long as the guy still has them as of tomorrow morning, anyway. I texted him today and we talked a bit, he knew I had to talk to the hubby, but we didn't come to the decision until about an hour ago. Kinda late to be texting a near-total stranger, so I will send my text off tomorrow morning bright and early, and then cross my fingers that they're still there. Oh, and I suppose you're wondering what type of dog? Siberian Husky. Full-blooded. BEAUTIFUL.Pics when I get him, which probably won't be till Monday. 7 weeks 3 days old as of 1/18, and precious as can be. I'm so incredibly excited!!

Well, that's all for now, I just wanted to check in and make sure y'all knew I hadn't fallen off the face of the Earth! I'll have more updates when I can wake up and get out of bed before noon, which hopefully will be tomorrow. Then we can return to our normal level of insanity. :)

Cheers till then!!


No comments:

Post a Comment