Friday, April 5, 2013

E is for Ebert - Roger Ebert, Rest in Peace


I hate to be a drag today, but I grew up hearing the phrase, "Siskel and Ebert gave it two enthusiastic thumbs up!" or some variation of that. We lost Gene Siskel February 20, 1999, and his counterpart, Roger Ebert on April 4, 2013. They rated the movies and told us what to see and what not to see. Their reviews were a staple in the TV Guide and even after Siskel and Ebert became Ebert and Roeper, at least some part of my childhood continued giving me advice. That era has ended, now, my friends. 

For this post, I would like to request everyone have a moment of silence for the end of this chapter and the lives of two of pop cultures most widely recognized names. 


























Here's to Siskel and Ebert. I give you two very enthusiastic thumbs up.





Rest in peace, Roger Ebert. May you join Gene Siskel at the movie theater in the next life. You'll be missed.


No comments:

Post a Comment