Friday, September 7, 2012

2am Rantings

It's 2am, do you know where your children are?

Goodness, I hope so, because if they're young enough for you to consider that question, their butts better be in bed!!

In other news, I had such a busy day today. Interview with Michala from www.bitemybook.blogspot.com for her blog (which will be posted Monday, so keep an eye out!), took the hubby to work, quit my day job that I hated more than words can express, got to hang out with a good friend and her absolutely adorable baby girl, went grocery shopping, put said groceries away, watched a little bit of the VMA's, screamed like a teenage girl when the MTV exclusive preview of Breaking Dawn Part 2 came on and jammed out with Green Day (still amazing and still kicking ass since 1994-ish), went back to pick hubby up from work, fixed dinner, and now spending a few minutes with my laptop before crashing for the night. So flippin exhausted. But it at least should explain why I haven't been online all day.

I had the realization today, while watching the awards show, that I am really old. Now, I posted on Facebook a couple of days ago that you know you're old when you watch a preview for the VMAs and don't recognize any of the performers. Well, that was more than true today, when I didn't know most of the performers except the ones returning for a comeback or continuing their careers, and again when I only recognized half of the presenters. I remember when I watched every damn awards show out there, and not only knew all the performers as well as all the presenters, but I also could sing all the words to all their songs. I was a music junkie. But then, that was back when music was good and required talent (Britney Spears excluded, she was popular because she dressed up like a schoolgirl and got a "rise" out of the pre-teen and teenage boys). I totally didn't realize that during the time I was growing up, music went straight to hell. They will give a contract to anyone who can say the word "Yeah!" over and over, talk dirty, say the same lyrics repeatedly, and dance half naked in their videos. And the public eats it up. Why? My theory is that the IQ of the general public dropped a few points. There is NO way that intelligent people would willingly listen to this pitiful excuse for music. "Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy, but here's my number, so call me maybe..." Um, no. Just no. This is talentless and irritating, and the only reason it's popular is because it's like the song that never ends, it just goes on and on my friends...it gets stuck in your damn head and you can't help but sing it. I would rather be known for being a fat ass pie eating champion than to be known for the world's most annoying song. Carly Rae Jepsom, may you rot in hell.

That's all for tonight's rant. I may pull this post tomorrow when I am not exhausted and slap-happy, but if I don't then you'll know it's because even when fully conscious, I agree with my judgement.

Goodnight, folks, and sweet dreams!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment