Monday, September 3, 2012

A Little *Unedited* Sneak Peek

SHHHH!! Don't tell anyone, but I'm gonna let you in on a little secret. Those who read my blog get a sneak peek into the world of Daughters of Night: Possession! See if you can find out what new breed or species that is being introduced into the story, and how it's going to come into play!

Excerpt from Daughters of Night: Possession



As soon as she said the word hungry, my mouth watered over, and there was a weird tickling sensation in my gums, followed immediately by two sharp points poking my lower lip. I reached up and touched them. Definitely real.
“Oh, god.”
“No, you mean Goddess.”
“Whatever. I’m really-I mean, this is all real? I’m a…a…”
“Yes. A vampire. But not just any vampire, Connor,” she said eagerly, her posture shifting to lean forward just a bit. “You and Seth are my special creations. Your blood was mixed with that of OUR Goddess. Not the one worshipped by the witches and vampires who have lost their way,” she said the last part with a snarl, voice dripping with loathing. “You have the pure blood of Lilith in your veins. She lends you her power, her strength. And all she asks of you, Connor, is your loyalty and your help in rebuilding her family.”
I stood there, paralyzed by the shock of what the pretty blonde had said. I said the only thing I could think of to say.
“Who’s Lilith?”
In one swift motion, Zariah flew at me, knocking me backward into Seth and Zachary, her fingers twisting around my throat as she brought her snarling face nose-to-nose with my own.
“You stupid boy, how can you not know Lilith?” she screamed. “She is our mother, our guardian, our protector! She gives you life and you know her not? You are not worthy!”
She threw me to the side. I struck the rocky floor of the cave hard, knocking the wind out of me. I laid there gasping for a minute while the three vampires circled around me, staring down with fury. As soon as I had the strength to push myself back up to a sitting position, I stared up at her, feeling blood trickling from a cut in my lip.
“I didn’t ask for this. I didn’t ask for any of this,” I said, my voice steady and dangerous.
I’d had enough of their games. So I didn’t know who they worshipped. I wasn’t going to be part of their little cult.

Exciting, right?! If you want more, stay tuned. I plan to post tidbits every now and then until the book comes out later this year. Thanks for reading!

-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment