Sunday, November 25, 2012

I Just Wanna Touch It...

Let me start off by saying how much I desperately hate that stupid stomach bug that's going around. I damn near went to the ER Friday night, I was in so much pain. You know you're in trouble when you can't keep water down...hell, I didn't leave my bed except to go to the bathroom from 8p Friday until this morning. As a matter of fact, I thought I was dying and was considering drafting up a will, but couldn't get to my computer.

Thank goodness, though, it's all over, and I can return to my normal geeky life that revolves solely around my computer. :)

Now, I don't know how many of you braved the crowds and went Black Friday shopping, but if you did, no offense, you're a moron. It's just not worth it to get up that early, park 17 miles away, and elbow your way through mobs of people to save $20 on a video game. It's not even worth it to save $200 on an 80" TV. My life-not to mention my sanity-are worth way more than that. I will, however, be sitting at my computer shopping on Cyber Monday. 

Oh, Cyber Monday, how I love thee!! All the benefits of Black Friday without leaving the safety and comfort of my home. I can shop in my PJ's. Hell, I can shop naked, no one else will be here! I save gas money because I don't have to drive to get to a store, perhaps the discounts aren't QUITE as enormous as Black Friday, but they're still awesome, and I don't have to be around people. Geeks and nerds like me don't like crowds of people. This idea of Cyber Monday is exactly what we need.

That being said, I would also like to mention that my NaNoWriMo novel is not complete. It is not even close to complete. Instead of focusing on my NaNo book, I took a little time out and focused on finishing Daughters of Night: Possession. It was far more important, being the second in a series, and it was merely 3 chapters from being completed. I poured my heart and soul into it, and completed a novel. Then came the Breaking Dawn premier, so I lost a whole day there. Then I had to start prepping for Thanksgiving, and writing had to be put on the back burner. And finally, I got a heck of a lot of writing done Friday...and got deathly ill. I'm going to work on it today, but it's not looking too promising that I'll finish all 50,000 words before the end of November. Of course, if I could include this, plus Twitter and Facebook, and my emails too, I'd reach it in a day!!

Speaking of Breaking Dawn...holy roasted monkey nuts!! Did anyone else have a heart attack?? It took me several days of thinking on it, but I finally decided I'm happy with the ending. It was mostly true to the book, but it gave the viewers SO much more. It was an emotional trainwreck, but worth it. We spent the entire day at the theater watching the marathon, and let me tell you, you can overhear some pretty awesome stuff. Like, the title of this blog post. During one scene in one of the movies, we overheard a chick say, "He's legal now...I just wanna touch it!" Well, I don't know if she meant Jacob's six pack, or another part of his anatomy, but we busted out laughing at that one. There was also the comment outside the theater, "I just love dirty Englishmen in skinny jeans." God, I love people. They make me laugh so much...

Well, I've bored you enough for one day. Stay tuned, tomorrow should hold a new indie author interview, and I'll be able to introduce you all to a new awesome writer. Happy reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment