Friday, November 9, 2012

What the Hell is This?!

Writing can be so emotional. *Sigh.* 

I had this awesome idea for the direction of my NaNoWriMo story. I was happy with it. And yes, my characters tell me the story and I'm just the person who listens and transcribes their adventures (and sometimes, misadventures). So I'm fully aware that my plot is going to change and things are not going to be exactly like I thought they were. That's how I write, it's why I don't do an outline. But damnit, I just had to kill off one character that I was really fond of, and now, out of the smoke appears this new character. What the deuce? Who the hell are you? And what are you doing weaseling your way into a story that you have no place in? What's your story? Oh, Brady...you and I are going to rumble. You better have a damn good story to tell, or else I'm going to rip you from the pages of my imagination and feed you to the Daughters of Night!


So, I have this whole new character that I haven't even met yet, and I can't seem to pull him out of the shadows enough to get a clear picture of who he really is. I know what he looks like, and I guess that's a start, but I don't like being in the dark at such a crucial point in the book. It's stressful.

Oh, and I should mention. Dreamwalker has crossed the line from young adult to being for mature audiences. It's not an erotica, so get your dirty mind out of the gutter. (Though one of those MIGHT be a possibility one day. Under a pen name, of course.) But we've got a bloody scene, a scene with very mature references, and there's a scene brewing that I'm not comfortable with young teenagers reading. I might not be comfortable enough to put it in the book. And no, it's not a 50 Shades of Grey ripoff, either. 

Ugh. I just needed to vent for a minute, because this book is stressing me out. I've made a lot of progress in the storyline, but there's these new surprises and I'm just sitting here thinking, What the Hell is this? I hope it all will work itself out in the next few chapters, because otherwise, my slow descent into insanity may be given a very violent shove as I plummet further down the rabbit hole of my mind...it's dark down there. And there's no brownies...


No comments:

Post a Comment